All personal information provided by you through this website is processed by Mondial Assistance Services (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, in pursuant to the applicable provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA)
(as amended from time to time).
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to MAA Takaful Berhad (hereinafter referred to as “MAA Takaful”, “our”, “us” or “we”). For the purposes of this Notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Act.
1. This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of MAA Takaful.
2. The personal data processed by us may include your name, national identity card number, contact number and address including your sensitive personal data such as your religion, health condition and criminal record (if any) provided by you in the documents as prescribed in paragraph 4 of this notice.
3. We are processing your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
(a) processing your application of your Takaful plans;
(b) managing and administering such plans;
(c) facilitating or enabling any checks that we or by any third party (appointed by us) conduct on you from time to time;
(d) complying with any relevant laws;
(e) assisting any government agencies or bureaus or bodies including for the purposes of police or regulatory
(f) contacting you or your beneficiaries or your nominees;
(g) storing your personal data in our database archives;
(h) facilitating your compliance with any laws or regulations applicable to you as our customer;
(i) responding to your enquiries;
(j) conducting our internal activities, internal market surveys and trend analysis;
(k) to manage and service our relationship with you and provide you with better customer services;
(l) for the underwriting, handling and settling of claims; or
(m) such other purposes as may be related to the foregoing.
4. Your personal data is and will be collected from you and/or from the information you have provided in the
application form as well in any other MAA Takaful forms that you have been asked to complete, together with other information that we may obtain about you from oral or written communications.
5. You may make inquiries, complaints or request for access to or update and correction of your personal data or limit the processing of your personal data at any time hereafter by contacting our Customer Care Department at 03-6287 6666 or email us at MAAWebAdmin@maa.my.
6. In accordance with the Act, we may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
7. Your personal data may be disclosed to the MAA Group Berhad, related companies, associates, affiliates, all governmental and/or quasi-governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies, any healthcare professionals or hospitals, business partners and/or service providers, other insurance companies and takaful operators, brokers, agents, credit organizations, reinsurers and retakaful operators and/or professionals that MAA Takaful engages with such as but not limited to loss adjusters, lawyers, auditors, accountants, consultants, external claims data collectors, investigators, and any other third party that you have requested or authorized us to disclose your personal data to for the above purposes or for any other purposes for which your personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection or any other purposes directly related to any of the above Purposes.
8. If you fail to supply to us the above personal data, we may not be able to process your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
9. You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date.
10. Accordingly, we trust that you will consent and agree to the terms above with respect to our processing of your Personal Data. If we do not receive any response from you on the above, we shall assume that you are agreeable to the same.